Date(s) - 07/09/2022
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Class – Backyard Food Security
Here’s a crash course in growing food at home. We’ll go over:
- The difference between annuals and perennials,
- Which fruit trees and plants you should grow from cuttings or from a friend,
- Trees you should purchase grafted from a reputable nursery,
- How to prepare your soil for these different plants, and
- Location and growing needs including containers.
Whether you’re pursuing a goal to be more sustainable, worried about the food supply or trying to reduce your grocery bill, this class will give you a quick glimpse to get you started. It’s designed for beginner to intermediate gardeners who have goals to grow a good amount of their own food at home.
Participants will have an option to purchase a “starter kit” of 10 cuttings, seeds, and small plants for $20 and receive 10% off edible plants the day of the course including fruit trees, veggies, herbs, and seeds. You’ll also have the option to schedule a home consultation with us for $25 off in Pinellas County.
This class will be taught by Amanda, owner of Living Roots. She’s a certified permaculture designer, certified Florida Friendly Landscaper, and lifelong gardener. Amanda grew up on a working farm growing all her family’s food, homestead style. She’s spent 20 years translating that into Florida’s urban/suburban subtropical growing seasons.
We’re looking forward to helping you on this journey!