Click here to be directed to Pinellas Community Compost
Home composting will reduce your garbage and create healthy soil for your plants. It’s not hard – just save your food scraps, learn a few basic composting skills and you’ll be on your way to composting!
We offer a range of composting services in partnership with Pinellas Community Compost, from small-scale backyard composting to larger-scale urban farms.
Backyard Composting Benefits:
- Compost returns nutrients to the soil, such as phosphorus, potassium, nitrogen, and many trace minerals, which are slowly released and contribute to healthy plant growth.
- Compost is a natural fertilizer.
- Compost improves plant health and soil health – even grass benefits from compost!
- Compost can eliminate the need for fertilizers which results in less runoff into our waterways.
- Compost suppresses weed growth.
- Compost helps control erosion and protects plant roots from sun and wind damage.
- Compost increases water retention.
- Compost helps reduce soil diseases.
Pinellas Community Composting Alliance is an initiative of Living Roots Eco Design, LLC.